Plan to wear it at the National Convention in June!
Square dance conventions and other national gatherings hold a Parade of States or a Grand March, during which the dancers from each state march together. Usually the dancers from each state will wear the same outfit or the same color combination.
The New Jersey State Outfit colors are Kelly Green and White, based on the concept of the "Garden State". (Examples of Kelly green are the labels on Schweppes and Seagram's Ginger Ale bottles.) The state emblem is visible in a prominent (but tasteful) location; the emblem set consists of a 9" Kelly green and white embroidered outline of New Jersey, with an embroidered gold star at the location of his/her home club, and an embroidered "NJ". Emblems are $7.50 each.
Some alternatives, which you may already have:
- The original Kelly green vest with white top-stitching, with the state emblem on the back, worn over a white shirt/blouse.
- Sew/pin the state emblem directly on the back of a green or white shirt/blouse.
- Put the state emblem on the side front of a green or white skirt.
- Wear the state emblem on a green overskirt/apron trimmed with white eyelet.
- Wear an all white dress worn with the green vest, with the state emblem on the skirt side front.
- Either white or green slacks are equally appropriate.
Here are some pictures of the state outfit taken over the years. Click on the small picture to see the fullsize picture:
Need Emblem(s) or have other questions? Please fill out this form: Please contact the NNJSDA Second Vice-President.
Return to the NNJSDA Home Page